Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Please note that you have to check your e-mail and CONFIRM your subscription to get A Daily Dose of the Gerald. If you think you signed up but do not recieve it, make sure you verified your subscription.

Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Batman Vs. Iron Man

Today I'd like to bring an ongoing debate I've been having with one Donnie Nussbaum about whether or not it's okay to enjoy a massage from a man when you are in fact a man ( a straight man). Actually, let's save that one for another time...

We have actually also been having a debate about wealth and fortune. In one corner we have Bruce Wayne, maybe better known as Batman. In the other corner we have Tony Stark, also known as Iron Man. Both are fictional characters that command significant fortunes, but which has the grander fortune??

My initial thought was that Tony Stark would be the wealthier of the two, as Stark Industries is a defense contractor, supplying the best weapons to the U.S. military, also indirectly supplying weapons to other countries in the world, and is based in New York City. Wayne Industries is also a defense contractor, based out of Gotham City. So, I'm originally thinking that Bruce Wayne has Gotham City money and Tony Stark has international money, deeming him the more wealthy fictional character, and then Ms. Suzanne Sanderford sheds some light to the topic by providing a link to the Forbes Fictional Fifteen, listing the top fifteen wealthiest fictional characters yearly. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Forbes_Fictional_15)

As it turns out, Forbes disagrees with me and has Bruce Wayne coming in at No. 8 on the list with an estimated fortune of $7 Billion, leaving Tony Stark behind at the No. 10 spot with an estimated fortune of $6 Billion. Soooooo, I guess that would make Donny right and Jerry wrong...unless anybody else might be able to provide documented proof otherwise?? Or maybe Tony Stark should just teach Bruce Wayne a lesson by beating his ass, just like Superman did...

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Massage form men you say? Country and I give each other massages all the time and we are straight. Although the nakedness and oiling each other up might cause some confusion. I swear to you in all in gay, uh I mean straight fun...

First of all-I hope Superman could beat Batman. Batman has no super powers, so an unfair fight, for sure.
But you forget about Wayne Enterprises, which included:

Wayne Biotech
Wayne Foods
Wayne Shipping
Wayne Steel
Wayne Shipbuilding
Wayne Aerospace
Wayne Chemicals
Wayne Medical
Wayne Electronics
Wayne Entertainment

So I believe he is international as well. Tony Stark ain't got shit on Bruce Wayne.

OK so there is no second of all, I just wanted to be dramatic!

Anonymous said...

First of all you spelled my last name wrong. Second, Maureen, do not get involved with this discussion it is out of your league.

I finally figured out why Jerry loves Superman so much versus Batman.

Superman was given all of his powers. He never had to work for any of it. Life must be good for you to wake up one morning and have everything. Superman is the Paris Hilton way of life. It's the dream as you would call it. Very easy to be successful when you have God like powers. This is Jerry's fantasy. Unfortunately, that's not the real world.

Batman on the other hand had to work for everything. Never had it easy. His childhood was taken from him. Everything he had become was product of hard work and self discipline. The opposite of Jerry. Yet with out any powers he still hangs with the big boys.

I'm not even going to debate Batman vs. Ironman because Forbes did it for me.

What's up Maureen? What are you doing this weekend?

Dnutz

Anonymous said...

You are absolutely right. This blog post is out of my league. I don't know anything about comic books or about how much money comic book characters make. And surprisingly, I'm still ok with myself.

BTW, I have plans this weekend.

Anonymous said...

Maureen,

Don't get down on yourself. We're all here for you. I will lend you a shoulder to cry on.

What was I thinking? This blog can't run itself.

Dnutz

Anonymous said...

Okay, this is the first "blog" that I have really enjoyed. And I'm sorry this is a bit long. I just haven't posted in a long time and I just really had a lot to say about the awesome topics brought about in this most recent blog.

First off, Maureen, you may not know much about comic books, but I bet you could redesign their costumes to make them look even more fabulous.

B, I am thoroughly glad that Ms. Suzanne Sanderford brought the Fictional Forbes Top 15. That was awesome. The only question I have is do they take inflation into account. I mean, not that I am cheering for Jed Clampett or Thurston Howell, but they were like from the 60's or something and I'd think a dollar then is worth more than a dollar now. Either ways, I can not stress enough how much I love wikipedia. Forget a college education, I feel I have learned more from wikipedia than all my combined years at Virginia sponsored public schools. My new term of endearment for my wife is wikipedia. Thats how much I love it.

Oh and how did Princess Peach get on this list? By inheritance and tricking two men (Mario and his buddy Luigi) to give her all the coins that they collected. Funny how video games mirror society. Show a little leg and we fall for it.

Donnie, I agree with Batman beating Ironman, well atleast in popularity at the least. But honestly, having a comparison of Jerry with Ironman, Batman or Superman is just a huge ego stroking. Even if this comparison was made in an attempt to criticize Jerry. Just don't do it Boston.

Oh and lastly, the only real debate that matters, can a straight guy get a massage by another man. Now, if you live by Vincent Vega, your belief would be no. But then, you would also be dead right after you took a shit in another man's home. I digress, I've only had one professional massage (poor me) and it was done by a woman. But if I could feel as relaxed as I did after that massage, and it had to be a man who was the masseuse, I would take it.

Jerry, from now on, I will put my name on my posts. It will either be my name or something to do with wikipedia. Call me Nancy and put a bow on it, I'm out.

Anonymous said...

Jerry and Ho,

Because of this stupid blog and Ho's comments I am going to make sure you two go through the worst workout.

Anonymous said...

You are absolutely right Donnie, this blog can't run itself. And you should totally push those guys. Jerry has been telling me your workouts aren't really pushing him as hard as he would like.

I love Wikipedia too Bo. I look everything up on it. I probably used it today around 5 times already.

Princess Peach is on that list? Seriously? Couldn't she just hire someone to save her from the Koopa Troopas (you know I just wiki'd that to see if I was using the correct name - did you know there is a Super Mario Wiki Section?!?) instead of picking a plumber? you know...like hire a gallant prince on a white horse? I mean, doesn't he want to get paid? I'm sure if she had that much money her IOUs would have been suffice.

Did you click on the Fake Steve Jobs ranked at number 11? That was an interesting twist.

Contributors